Indian Penal Code IPC 354 Section PDF
IPC 354 – 354 ipc Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty
Indian Penal Code IPC 354 Section
Whoever assaults or uses criminal force to any woman, intending to outrage or knowing it to be likely that he will there by outrage her modesty, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which shall not be less than one year but which may extend to five years, and shall also be liable to fine
What is IPC 354, Section 354 Indian Penal Code
Section IPC 354: Assault or Criminal Force with Intent to Outrage Modesty
- IPC 354 defines the offense as any assault or criminal force used by a person on a woman with the intent to outrage her modesty.
- The term “modesty” in this context refers to a woman’s sense of sexual decency or propriety.
- It’s important to note that this section is specifically related to offenses against women.
- The punishment for offenses under IPC 354 varies based on the severity of the offense:
- If the assault is simple and without criminal force, the punishment may include imprisonment for up to two years or a fine or both.
- If the assault involves the use of criminal force and the intent to outrage modesty, the punishment may include imprisonment for up to five years or a fine or both.
IPC 354 is designed to protect the modesty and dignity of women and provide legal recourse in cases of assault with intent to outrage modesty. It’s essential to consult the full legal text and seek legal advice for a comprehensive understanding of this law and its application in specific cases.